Saturday, February 4, 2012

London Sounds

I apologize for the lack of updates! This week has been really crazy with school, but I am loving all of it. This will be a relatively short post today but I wanted to share with you some of the music currently topping the UK music charts. I think UK artists do pop music much better than in the States. So here are a couple of my favorites!
   


Cher Lloyd feat. Astro - Want You Back
The first video is Cher Lloyd feat. Astro. Cher is from UK XFactor and Astro is from the US XFactor. Nice work Simon Cowell! Cher is super goofy and her music is a lot of fun! 


Pixie Lott feat. Pusha T - What Do You Take Me For
 I love Pixie Lott, and not just because her name is Pixie (which is actually what people in my MA program have started to call me!). I'm a fan! She is pretty big here in the UK and I can't wait for her to emerge onto the US music scene. 


David Guetta feat. Sia - Titanium
David Guetta is pretty big in the US so I have no idea if this song is also. This is currently the #1 song in the UK, and I love the Florence + the Machine vibe. I have been a huge fan of Sia for a long time and her album We Are Born is great, so if you like this song I would maybe check out her music.


Gotya feat. Kimbra - Somebody That I Used To Know
I absolutely love this song, but am not a huge fan of the video. I don't really know anything about this artist but I think this song is great! Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment