Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pre-Departure

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to check out the first official post of my London blog, Pearl of London! It is the first day of 2012 and there are many great adventures in store for the next year. I will be heading off to London in 3 days for graduate school at the University of Westminster in the heart of London. It has been over 5 years since I last visited the great city of London and am excited to experience the history and culture of one of the greatest cities on the planet. Many people have asked why I chose to pursue a Masters degree abroad instead of attending one of the many fantastic Universities in the United States, so I have provided a short list of the reasons why.


1. The English Accent...I hope to acquire one while abroad, or at least be able to fake it well...I will then no longer be made fun of for my Midwestern accent...and my coolness factor will go up greatly....you will soon notice a change in language on this blog...I will now use works like "posh", "brilliant", "capital," "fit", "bloody", etc.

2. I get to spend more quality time with my bff...Pippa Middleton. I look forward to being stalked by the paparazzi...taking personal exercise classes...and being famous for having a far more useful older sister....I already do the last one pretty well ;)

3. TopShop....we all know I have a serious fashion problem....I did not say "shopping problem" because 90% of the clothes I want I cannot afford!

4. Prince Harry, we all know I have a thing for Gingers...I would also take take either of the Weasley twins, or both.

5. Free Culture....no fee at any of the Museums...that way I can save more money for shopping!

6. French Fries...the official Food on the United Kingdom...yay!

I am very excited to begin this adventure and hope you all will come along with me. I will be posting information on my daily life as well as things I am passionate about including theatre, film, fashion, cultural exploration, almost anything I find somewhat interesting!

Thanks all!

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoying living vicariously through your blog posts. It was fun chatting with you on Skype yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete